search instagram arrow-down

Most Readers Enjoy…

Archives

bloglove

AUTHOR

Goss Keracey is an American poet,
essayist, and writer currently
residing in Lexington, KY.

He writes about love, life,
relationships, learning, philosophy,
and living with depression.

Goss Keracey, Goss, Keracey, Lexington, Kentucky, KY, Author, Writer, Writing, Love, Poet, Poetry, Poem, Article, Essay, Essayist, Journalist, Journalism, Artist, Illustrator, Designer, Art, Comics, Entertainment, Business, Philosophy, Academics, Photographer, Sculptor, Painter, Mathematician, Logician, Intellectual, Genius, Critic

I have a ballon

Came into the bedroom
That night and stuck
Herself onto the ceiling

“That’s it,”
My wife said,
“I’ve had enough!
This balloon has to go.”

She ran and found

Into their home

Next thing you know,
The balloon will not go
And you’ll never
Be alone

21 comments on “Balloon

1. Did you ever read “The Balloon” by Donald Barthelme? This reminded me of that. Yours makes me laugh. Barthelme’s makes my head hurt. In a good way. 🙂

2. I was laughing until Lucy started bleeding blood. Then I was thrilled. Unexpected turn.

And then I read the tags and felt a little sad.

Such an array of emotions so early in the morning!

1. Definitely a win! And you just keep doing what you do.

3. This was one trippy read! Brilliant!

4. lostinmist says:

Nitrous specifically? Or some other drug? Or drugs in general?

1. lostinmist says:

I’ve been there for like a month or two before I stopped. Kept doing lots of other drugs at the time though. Now I drink.

1. lostinmist says:

I wish I had access to those

2. lostinmist says:

When I have money I take dxm some, and before i was on venlafaxine (which can give you a nice buzz if youve been off it a couple days or take a lot) I took hawaiin baby woodrose. SSRIs block serotonergic psychedelic.

3. lostinmist says:

Theyre not pure evil for me

4. lostinmist says:

Its actually an SNRI

5. I love this…thanks for the reminder that writing should also be fun, whimsical…and poems can rhyme, sometimes. I lose my way, occasionally. 🙂

6. Moon says:

Reblogged this on The Dreaming Path and commented:
    Love this poem – good blog I will be following with pleasure

7. I just read the comments, and wow! I interpreted this in a totally different way! I like my way better. But I definitely understand the other way, as well. 🙂

8. Awesome! 🙂

9. For some reason this reminds me of my depression. And what it can do to a relationship.
    Wow. This was intriguing.
    Great job! 🙂

10. Eileen says:

We all have our personal balloons and they often seem piquant, even frivolous, until the downside appears and reality rears its ugly head.

Terrific poetry. Hope your experiments don’t become a scourge……it would be a true loss.

11. Sigh. It was bad enough to be the sort that is afraid of clowns for no other reason than that I read Stephen King’s “It”. Not the movie of course, for it was rather silly. I’ve never actually had a nasty encounter with a clown personally although I know some who have. Now, I may have to add balloons to the list and I’ve always rather liked them before. We shall have to wait and see. Maybe I should fear my imagination (and yours, of course) instead… No, that would be a terrible waste to fear imagination, for what is life without it.

1. Prudent maybe…wise never. I’ve spent enough time avoiding risk. I’m following you now…I’m afraid you’re stuck with me.

12. Is it weird that lucy seems a lot like my two year old daughter?

13. srishtiwalia says:

Your imagination is beyond me!
    Loved this one very much!